Ongoing research includes:
An Evaluation of Massachusetts’ Medical and Dental Students’ Preparedness in Addiction Medicine
- Researcher: Danielle Bäck
- Description: a statewide survey that evaluates medical and dental attitudes towards and preparedness to treat patients with substance use disorders.
The Role of Recovery Coaches in Community-Based Substance Use Disorder Treatment: A Qualitative Study
- Researcher: Helen Jack
- Description: Understanding recovery coach and patient perspectives on the role of the recovery coach in the primary care team
Promoting Effective Models for Office-Based Opioid Use Disorder Treatment (OBOT)
- Researchers: Anne-Marie Williams and Andreas Mitchell
- Description: a qualitative research project that assesses barriers to suboxone prescribing among physicians in Massachusetts.
Buprenorphine Training for Medical Students
- Researcher: John Weems
- Description: a pre- and post-intervention survey to determine the educational value of buprenorphine training for medical students.
Published research by SCA members includes:
Rudder, Meghan, Lulu Tsao, and Helen E. Jack. “Shared Responsibility: Massachusetts Legislators, Physicians, and An Act Relative to Substance Use Treatment, Education, and Prevention.” AMA Journal of Ethics 18.9 (2016): 950. Available at here.